I have been having serious shoe-envy lately. I can’t go on Pinterest or Instagram without seeing a pair of drool-worthy over the knee boots on my feed. I thought I would cure my urge to shop by compiling a list of my favorite OTK boots of the moment…and you can snag them all for under $100 right now!
Over the knee boots can make you look taller and dress up any outfit, but there are a couple of style tips I have noticed about this trend that will give you dozens of foolproof outfits.
- Let the boots do the talking – limit the patterns and colors you wear
- Keeping a little skin visible between the top of the boot and the hem of your skirt or dress will lengthen your silhouette – opt for minis or push the boots down a bit on your thigh to keep the visual lines separate
- If you go for pants, pair with the skinniest jeans you have, just make sure the pants are no wider than the top of the boots at the top where they meet
- It looks great when you pair at least one item in your ensemble that is the same hue as your boots – see my outfit recommendations for good examples!
- Keep the color palette simple and muted. Neutrals are huge right now, but material makes as much difference as color. Silks, suede, and soft velvet will take your outfit to the next level.
Now onto the list! I organized them by colors, and included outfits for each so make sure to check them all out. Much of them are on sale right this minute, but probably for not much longer! I didn’t include any details over $100, so you can treat yourself to a pair of boots and an outfit that is guaranteed to make heads turn this fall!